The number of photographs in my image library here on the site very recently passed the 2,000 mark, so by way of a little celebration I’m very happy to announce my First Ever Sale! From now until the end of the year, all prints and photo downloads are available at 20% off the listed prices – simply enter coupon code ADIOS2010 in the box at checkout to claim the discount. This offer is extended to new customers, existing clients and to all previous client bookings over the past 18 months.
To coincide with the offer I have also added an external print house to the mix, to provide a full range of regular photo prints in addition to the Fine Art and canvas prints that I produce myself.
To buy a print, simply click on an image to view it in enlarged form in the image library, together with relevant data such as when and where the image was taken, and the size of the full image in pixels. Beneath the photo are links labelled “BUY THIS PRINT”, “Licence & download a JPG” and “Shopping cart”.
Clicking “BUY THIS PRINT” lists all current print options for the photo, with Fine Art & canvas options at the top of the list and regular prints beneath. Similarly, clicking “Licence & download a JPG” will show you a list of available file sizes to choose from. As an example, click the images of Lake Lucerne above and Sydney Opera House below to view them in the image library and to see the specific print and download options available. Don’t forget, all prices shown are before the 20% discount is applied.
Here’s a complete rundown of the print and download options currently available:
Fine Art & Canvas prints
These prints are produced by me, to order, with the following options:
|A4||210x297mm, 8.3”x11.7”||Hahnemühle Photo Rag Bright White paper||310gsm||matte|
|A4||210x297mm, 8.3”x11.7”||Hahnemühle Fine Art Baryta paper||325gsm||slight gloss|
|A4||210x297mm, 8.3”x11.7”||Hahnemühle Sugar Cane paper||300gsm||matte, textured|
|A3||330x483mm, 13”x19”||Hahnemühle Artist Matte Canvas||380gsm||textured|
Points to note:
- The images are printed centred on the paper, leaving a space (border) between the edge of the image and the edge of the paper. On A4 prints, this border is 2.5cm (1″), on A3+ prints, 5cm (2″). As the prints are made to order, you may of course specify a different border width by including a note in the “Special Instructions” section during checkout, or by sending me an email immediately after placing an order, quoting your order reference number and border preferences. I’ll immediately acknowledge any special order requests
- Turnaround times on these prints depends very much on demand but please allow a minimum of 5 days from placing an order until despatch. This is to allow sufficient time for printing, quality checking, drying and – in the case of canvas prints – applying a professional invisible finishing spray to protect the print from general wear (as canvas prints are generally framed without protective glass). From receipt of your order until despatch, you will receive regular progress reports by email
- Orders for Fine Art and Canvas prints received after 19 December 2010 will be processed after the Christmas holiday period, in early January 2011. You will receive an expected completion date by email on receipt of your order. Such orders still qualify for the 20% discount
- Prints are created on professional printing equipment and are rated fade-resistant for more than 200 years
- All prints are unframed
Regular photo prints
These prints are produced by Spectrum Photographic, who are based in East Sussex, England. Prints are available in a wide variety of sizes, depending on the aspect ratio (regular or “widescreen”, as per the illustrations on this page) of the original photo. For regular photos, prints sizes on offer range between the traditional 10×15 cm (4″x6″) and 13×18 cm (5″x7″) up to an enormous 76.2×101.6 cm (30″x40″). For “widescreen” format images, prints sizes range between 15×30 cm (6″x12″) and 30×76.2 cm (12″x30″).
Spectrum offer four finish options, namely Lustre, Matt, Glossy and Metallic (Lustre finish falls some way between Matt & Glossy, a very high quality finish used for example when producing wedding album photographs). All prints are printed on Fujicolor Crystal Archive Type II Photo Paper, and turnaround time is a matter of days from receipt of your order.
In certain cases, where the dimensions of the image do not exactly correspond to the dimensions of your chosen print size (for example when choosing the 30″x40″ size, which is a little more square than the regular aspect ratio), this will be indicated in your shopping cart and you’ll be able to choose exactly how to crop the image to fit the print before proceeding to the checkout.
If you’d like to arrange your own printing, or simply require an image for your own use on a personal website or blog, or in a presentation, photos in the catalogue are also available for purchase as downloadable JPG files. These are available in four sizes – 500 pixels, 1500 pixels, 2500 pixels and “original”, where the pixel size refers to the longest size of the image. Since late 2008, all photographs in the catalogue have been taken with a 21 megapixel Canon EOS 5D Mk II camera, and the detail included in the “original” size of most of these images is really quite staggering.
Searching for images
With over 2,000 images currently in the image library, there are certainly plenty to look through before choosing a print! Here are some suggested starting points:
- Use the image library menu, which appears at the top right of every page on the site and provides direct access to key areas
- Use the search box, which appears at the bottom left of every page on the site
- To the right of each page – including this one – on the main site, you’ll see the “Latest Gallery Update” and “New Photos” panels; clicking any of the images there will take you directly to the relevant spot in the image library
- Photos used to illustrate posts on the site, for example the images of Lake Lucerne and Sydney Opera House on this page, all link through to their corresponding pages in the image library – if you see a photo you like while browsing the site, simply click it to view it larger and to see the print and download options available
I’m quite sure that’s enough detail from me for now. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to get in touch using the Contact menu option at the top of the page. All that remains is the small print, of which there isn’t a great deal:
The Print and Photo Sale, offering a discount of 20% against all purchases from nickanderson.photography, runs from 29 November to 31 December 2010 (time zone GMT). To claim the discount, enter code ADIOS2010 during the checkout process. The code may be used multiple times during the offer period and there is no minimum order value.
If you’re a Facebook or Twitter user and would like to share this exciting offer with your friends, by all means click the “Like” or “Tweet” buttons below. Thank you for reading.